We never believe in second chances and Braindump2go brings you the best 70-246 Exam Preparation Materials which will make you pass in the first attempt.We guarantee all questions and answers in our 70-246 Dumps are the latest released, we check all exam dumps questions from time to time according to Microsoft Official Center, in order to guarantee you can read the latest questions!
Exam Code: 70-246
Exam Name: Private Cloud Monitoring and Operations with System Center 2012
Case Study 1: Proseware, Inc (Question 81 – Question 88)
Proseware, Inc. is a mechanical equipment manufacturer. Proseware has a research department and a manufacturing department.
The network contains a single Active Directory domain named proseware.com. The domain contains 100 Hyper-V hosts that run Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1). The Hyper-V hosts host 400 virtual machines.
Sixty of the virtual machines have Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 deployed. Both the research department and the manufacturing department use the SQL Server virtual machines.
The infrastructure contains two private clouds. One private cloud contains all of the resources used by the research department. The other private cloud contains all of the resources used by the manufacturing department.
The following System Center 2012 components are installed on the network:
– Service Manager
– Operations Manager
– Configuration Manager
– Data Protection Manager (DPM)
– Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
All servers are backed up by using DPM. The system state of the servers is not backed up. Configuration Manager only manages client computers.
Proseware uses a third-party help desk application to manage user incidents. The manufacturing department uses a Microsoft .NET application named App1 that is critical for business operations.
The research department uses a Microsoft Server Application Virtualization (Server App-V) virtual application package named App2.
Proseware identifies the following issues:
– Administrators are NOT notified when a service on any server fails.
– A virtual machine named VM2 has a service that stops and restarts often.
– When an alert is generated in Operations Manager, a help desk user has to generate a ticket manually from the help desk application.
– A Hyper-V host named Server1 contains a virtual machine named VM1 that is assigned a high amount of memory. Users who connect to VM1 report that it takes a long time to access the resources on VM1. You suspect that the memory assigned to VM1 spans more than one NUMA node.
Proseware plans to implement the following changes:
– Replace the help desk application with a new, centralized incident management solution.
– Provide the users in the research department with an automated solution to provision virtual machines. The users will manage their respective virtual machine by using a self-service portal.
Proseware has identified the following technical requirements for the private cloud infrastructure:
– The number of required virtual machine templates must be minimized.
– A centralized automated task must restart failed services on the virtual machines.
– Administrators must be notified by an SMS message when an alert on a manufacturing server is generated.
– Servers that are out of compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) must be identified.
– Administrators must be able to perform a bare metal recovery of the Hyper-V hosts and the virtual machines by using DPM.
– In a single operation, administrators must be able to perform a rollback of the updates applied to the servers that host App2.
– Windows Server and SQL Server configurations that do NOT adhere to Microsoft best practices and are misconfigured must be identified.
– All virtual machines created by self-service users must use Dynamic Memory. Administrators must be able to create virtual machines that do NOT use Dynamic Memory.
– Administrators must be notified when an alert on a server in the research department is generated. Between 09:00 and 17:00, the administrators must be notified by email. After 17:00, the administrators must be notified by an SMS message.
App1 must be monitored to retrieve the following information:
– The amount of time it takes to respond to user queries
– The amount of time it takes to load a webpage
– Debugging information
If App2 fails to mount on a server, an administrator must receive an alert.
You need to recommend which object must be monitored from Operations Manager to identify how the memory of VM1 is assigned.
Which object should you include in the recommendation?
B. A Hyper-V Hypervisor Root Partition
C. A Hyper-V Hypervisor Partition
D. A Hyper-V VM Vid Partition
"The Hyper-V VM Vid Partition counters have two interesting counters.
The “Physical Pages Allocated” is the total number of guest pages and VID pages needed to manage the VM.
The “Remote Physical Pages” let you know on NUMA based systems if a VM is spanning multiple nodes."
You need to recommend an automated solution to resolve the ticket generation issue.
What should you include in the recommendation?
A. From Operations Manager, create diagnostic tasks.
From Orchestrator, create runbooks that forward alerts to the help desk application.
B. From Service Manager, create a connector.
From Operations Manager, configure the connector.
C. From Service Manager, create a connector.
From Orchestrator, configure connectors.
D. From Operations Manager, create diagnostic tasks.
From Orchestrator, configure connectors.
The relevant problem statement is "- When an alert is generated in Operations Manager, a help desk user has to generate a ticket manually from the help desk application."
Creating a connector from SCOM to SCSM means Incidents may be automatically generated from SCOM alerts.
You need to ensure that the self-service users and the administrators can deploy virtual machines. The solution must meet the technical requirements.
What should you create?
A. Two VMM library shares
B. One host profile
C. Two application profiles
D. One virtual machine template
The way I understand the TechNet article, librarys and shares are used to mantain file-based items like VHDs, scripts and ISOs. A second library or another share would not change the way how a VM can be created (dynamic memory or not) just from which place it will use the "ingredients"
You need to recommend a solution to meet the monitoring requirements for App1.
What should you recommend?
A. Install the Management Pack for Operations Manager APM Web IIS 7, download and
install the Internet Information Services (IIS) 7 Management Pack, and then run the .NET
Application Performance Monitoring wizard.
B. Configure a synthetic transaction, and then run the Process Monitoring wizard.
C. Install the Management Pack for Operations Manager APM Web IIS 7, and then run the
Process Monitoring wizard.
D. Configure a synthetic transaction, and then run the .NET Application Performance Monitoring
This states: "Although this management pack does not contain a template of its own,
the discoveries it contains are necessary to have objects show up in the .NET Application
Performance Monitoring template"
See also http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh543994.aspx
And the synthetic transaction is part of the APM wizard.
You need to recommend a solution to meet the technical requirements for identifying the Windows Server and SQL Server configuration issues.
What should you include in the recommendation? (More than one answer choice may achieve the goal. Select the BEST answer.)
A. Audit Collection Services (ACS)
B. Windows Server Update Services (WSUS)
C. Best Practices Analyzer (BPA)
D. Microsoft System Center Advisor (SCA)
ACS and WSUS both do not qualify for this.
But also SCA:
You need to implement a notification solution to meet the technical requirements.
What should you create from Operations Manager? (More than one answer choice may achieve the goal. Select the BEST answer.)
A. Two channels and one subscriber
B. One channel and one Subscriber
C. One channel and two subscribers
D. Two channels and two subscribers
You need two channels, one for e-mail one for SMS
I think the problem is, are there two administrator groups, one for each department? If there is, you need at least two subscribers if not, you can do with one.
Since it is not explicitly stated that there are two admin groups, I would go for a single admin group. So then it would be answer A.
You need to recommend changes to the System Center 2012 infrastructure to meet the technical requirements for bare metal recoveries.
What should you include in the recommendation? (To answer, select the appropriate actions in the answer area.)
You discover that many incidents are generated for VM2.
You need to resolve all of the incidents from Service Manager in one operation.
What should you create? (More than one answer choice may achieve the goal. Select the BEST answer.)
A. A configuration item
B. An incident event workflow
C. A dependent activity
D. A problem
Case Study 2: Contoso Ltd (Question 89 – Question 99)
Contoso, Ltd. is a manufacturing company that has 3,000 users.
Contoso has a data center in Toronto and 20 offices across Canada.
The offices connect to each other by using a WAN link.
Each office connects directly to the Internet.
Active Directory Environment
The network contains an Active Directory forest named contoso.com. The forest contains a single domain. All domain controllers run Windows Server 2012. All servers run Windows Server 2008 R2.
Each office contains three domain controllers. Each office is configured as an Active Directory site.
System Center 2012 Infrastructure
Contoso has a System Center 2012 infrastructure that contains 11 servers.
The servers are configured as shown in the following table.
Contoso has a private cloud named Cloud1.
Cloud1 is managed by using VMM.
The following applications run in Cloud1:
– Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
– Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
– A custom manufacturing application named App1
The Hyper-V hosts are managed by using VMM. TOR-H01 and TOR-H02 are nodes in a failover cluster.
The switches that are part of the network fabric are from various manufacturers and are managed by using SNMPv3.
An application named App1 is deployed from a VMM service template that consists of one front-end web server and one back-end database server. App1 processes credit card information.
The instance of App1 running in the data center uses two virtual machines named VM1 and VM2.
TOR-HOI hosts VM1 and VM2.
App1 is managed by using a custom management pack named MP1. The management pack used to monitor App1 contains a distributed application diagram named App1DAD.
The service level agreement (SLA) for App1 states that App1 must be available 99 percent of the time.
Contoso identifies the following issues:
– Currently, all Operations Manager alerts are sent by email only. Database administrators require alerts to be sent by text message. The cell phone numbers of the database administrators are already configured in Operations Manager.
– Administrators report that the processor performance counters for the Hyper-V hosts display values that are lower than the actual load on the hosts.
Contoso wants to minimize hardware and software costs, whenever possible.
Contoso plans to add a new web server to the Appl service template. Traffic to the new web server will be load balanced with the existing web server by using a hardware load balancer.
Contoso identifies the following technical requirements for the planned deployment:
– Automatically apply software updates issued by Microsoft to all of the Hyper-V hosts.
– Automatically assign incidents to administrators when a Configuration Manager service fails.
– Ensure that the Exchange Server administrators can request that new virtual machines be added to the Exchange Server organization by using Internet Explorer.
– Monitor the uptime of all the Hyper-V hosts and all the virtual machines by using Operations Manager and VMM. Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO)-enabled management packs will be used.
– Ensure that users have a self-service portal that provides them with the ability to back up individual virtual machines. Users must receive an email message confirming that the backup is complete.
– Ensure that database administrators are alerted by a text message when an error occurs on a server that they manage. The text messages should be delivered regardless of the current network conditions.
– Network administrators report that they currently use different tools to monitor the port status on the switches. The network administrators want to manage all of the switches by using Operations Manager.
Contoso identifies the following requirements for App1:
– Create an object in the App1 management pack to track the SLA.
– Ensure that multiple monitoring thresholds can be used for different instances of Appl.
– Ensure that App1 complies with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
You need to recommend which configurations must be performed to meet the uptime monitoring requirements for the Hyper-V hosts and the virtual machines.
You install an Operations Manager agent on each Hyper-V host and each virtual machine.
On which server or servers should you perform each action? (To answer, select the appropriate server or servers for each action in the answer area.)
Drag and Drop Questions
You need to prepare the environment to support the planned changes for App1.
In which order should you perform the actions? (To answer, move all of the actions from the list of actions to the answer area and arrange them in the correct order.)
*(box 1) When you create a static IP address pool for a VM network, VMM can assign static IP addresses to Windows-based virtual machines (running on any supported hypervisor platform) that use the VM network. By using static IP address pools, IP address management for the virtual environment is brought within the scope of the VMM administrator.
* (Box 2, Box 3) Prerequisite for adding a Hardware Load balancer include:
You must obtain the load balancer provider from the load balancer vendor, and install the provider on the VMM management server.
* Setting the load balancer affinity enables you to provide some control over which load balancer will be used for a service. This is based on logical network information. VMM uses this information to determine the valid static IP address pools that are accessible from both the load balancer and the host group that the service tier will be deployed to.
* By adding load balancers to VMM management and by creating associated virtual IP templates (VIP templates), users who create services can automatically provision load balancers when they create and deploy a service.
* (box 4) A VIP template contains load-balancer-related configuration settings for a specific type of network traffic. For example, you can create a template that specifies the load-balancing behavior for HTTPS traffic on a specific load balancer by manufacturer and model.
* (box 5) A load balancer must be configured before you deploy a service. After a service is deployed, you cannot add a load balancer by updating the service.
All Braindump2go 70-246 Exam Dumps are Promised One Year Free Updation — We will inform you when your products have new questions and Answers updation! Download Microsoft 70-246 Practice Tests Questions Full Version Now – Pass 70-246 100% One Time!